The Better Evidence Project’s Resource Center provides access to BEP-produced articles and reports, links to other sources from around the world (in the section of our site called “Partner Resources”), access to a variety of practitioner and academic resources which are made available through George Mason University Libraries’ Mason Archival Repository Service known as MARS and a special collection of case summaries that highlight examples of war prevention. There are three ways to access the full repository of Better Evidence evidence base: 1) View the map below for a simple search of geographically specific materials, 2) check out our browse resources section to search by region or resource type, or 3) search materials in a fully searchable table
The Better Evidence Project offers access to a couple of special collections that are accessible below.
How To Use The Map
The map below provides an interactive, searchable interface of all peacebuilding-related resources available in the MARS repository or as direct links to resources created by organizations or institutions engaged in peacemaking and war prevention.
- Select the search icon in the top green bar
- Use the text search option to quickly search across the resources’ title, abstract, country of focus, description, and more.
- Use the filter option Resource Type to find different types of resources created by like-minded partner organizations.
- Select an orange icon on the map below to find out more information about the available resources. Most locations will have multiple resources attached to them. When the box appears, click on Browse Features to pull up the box for each source relevant to that location. The sources appear one at a time so you must use the arrow at the top of the box to move from one source to the next.
- For icons in a location in which the counties are small or close together, the zoom feature is available to magnify the map so that additional icons appear, representing different conflicts/countries.
- In each box, the source will have a link that will take the user either to the George Mason University MARS repository for the full source or to the outside link where the source is accessible.
Note: All Resources displayed in this map will have links to the record in the MARS repository if it is housed there or the website where the full resource can be viewed.
*For the best experience with our map, please use a desktop or laptop and the latest version of one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
Browse Our Resources
Discover Resources by Organizations focused on Building Peace